Monday, June 1, 2015

d30 Challenge: Entry 1


+Christopher Stogdill threw out the challenge: June has 30 days, perfect for creating a d30 table.

As a member of the Most Vaunted Holy and Irreverent Order of the d30, I decided to take up the challenge and try to post one entry on a d30 list per day of the month. I'll try to post regularly through the week and if I miss a date, I'll play catch-up on the weekends.

However, I am going to make this a bit interesting, too. Like many of you I have a regular d30 die. But I also have this spiffy alphabet d30 that needs some love:

So I am going to give you a list of numeric d30 entries PLUS a list of d30 alphabetic modifiers, but I'm doing the modifiers backasswards!

Herewith is the theme for the month:

d30 Gonzo Encounters Suitable for
Dungeon Sandbox Crawling Exploration

01. Three orks and two goblin slaves harvest knucklebones from a pile of dead dwarves. They carry a 5lb. bag of recently harvested knucklebones. If there aren't any dwarves in the party, there is a 50% chance they try to convince the PCs to play "Catch the Cabbage" instead of fighting if they win initiative. If the PCs play and win, the orks will fork over a payout of 2,000cp. If the PCs lose, the orks will demand the right to harvest a knucklebone from each PC.


d30 Alphabetic Modifiers


Z. Any foes or NPCs encountered are in an incredibly foul mood; if there are multiple individuals, they will be arguing and fighting amongst themselves, with the weakest foe/NPC on the verge of tears.