Thursday, September 4, 2014

Three-fer Bookface Thrifty Finds




This cost me 25¢ in the clearance bin at my local comic shop. Great B-movie, even better B-comic.





Another 25¢ find! This was in fair shape, too, so I'm surprised it was in the clearance bin. It was the only Conan comic there, so I grabbed it. In this issue, Conan kills a dude and then realizes some unsettling implications about that dude's provenance. Quite frankly, this story line would be really cool to see in the new Legend of Conan Schwarzenegger reboot.





Got this at the local Savers for a buck. If you've never heard of Savers, it's like a for-profit Goodwill or Salvation Army store. Actually, it's the place where people dump the stuff that doesn't sell at garage sales. Still, I've had good luck finding books there.

The book is in pretty good condition, but it was missing its character sheet bookmark. Luckily Demian's Gamebook Web Page had me covered.