Tuesday, February 5, 2013

And So THAT'S Why I Don't Need dndclassics.com!

More news about releases from dndclassics.com makes me yawn.




Anti-Paladin Games's Mini Six Bare Bones Edition.




John M. Stater's Pars Fortuna.




Clovis Cithog's Red Planet.




Die Cast Game's DCG1 - Insidious, originally in TSR's trade dress, caused quite the kerfluffle when it was first released.




Jim Pacek's The Wilderness Alphabet.




Rob Conley's The Majestic Wilderlands.




Salvatore Macri's White Box Heroes.




Brave Halfling's 2nd edition print of the Swords & Wizardry White Box. This is my favorite, although it is missing the explanation of the saving throw mechanic. Sadly, this edition is no longer in print.




Mythmere Games's 3rd print edition of Swords & Wizardry White Box.




Matt Finch's Mythmere's Adventure Design Deskbooks: Volume One - Principles and Starting Points and Volume 2 - Monsters, both published by Black Blade Publishing. Sadly, these are no longer available in this form. They have been combined and expanded and jumped publishers.




Swords & Wizardry Core Rules from Black Blade Publishing (no longer available from this publisher) and the Swords & Wizardry Monster Book.




Swords & Wizardry Complete - Limited Edition. I was a sucker and ordered this when it was announced back in 2010-2011. The quality of the product sucked; it looks like it was run-off on an office printer and hardbound. Just sitting on my shelf, the cover has started to wear. This was not a reject--this was the real thing. I was not alone in my disappointment. I didn't raise a fuss for a replacement because I was happy to just get the damn thing. But I wasn't surprised that they turned to crowdsourcing to print a new run. I hope it's better quality, but I'll never know, because burn me once and all of that.




OSRIC from Black Blade Publishing & Usherwood Publications! 'Nuff said.




Labyrinth Lord & Labyrinth Lord Advanced Edition Companion. I managed to snag these at $7.50 each my local Half Price Books.




Jonathan Becker's B/X Companion. This is one of the first print runs, so typos & errors were included at no extra charge! (ok, seriously there were only a few errata notices).




So the big news is that you can now download the Cook/Marsh Expert rules from dndclassics.com. You guys are really getting all excited and squeeing in your drawers over Cook/Marsh in PDF? Whoop-de-friggin-doo. I got your Moldvay/Cook/Marsh right here.




Look at this. Just look at it.



Those last two are super-secret fan-edits. I'm not even going to tell you how I got them. Even if you beg me.