Thursday, September 27, 2012

Turn Any Web Page Into an .epub or .mobi File!

So, remember when I stumbled across the little button that will turn any web page into a PDF?

Today I've got another neat little trick for you along the same lines.

Here's a web service with a browser button that will turn any web page into an epub file suitable for reading with iBooks or on the Nook OR a mobi file for reading on your Kindle. Be sure to read the directions (mostly in the green boxes on that web page) to learn how to install it on your bookmark bar or directly on your blog.

I'm not going to add this to the blog right now, however, as I don't want to add anymore cruft. Instead, I keep this in my bookmark bar and use it to turn articles and posts into files for later off-line reading--for example, the short stories posted on Tor.com. Still, I thought it was worth sharing.