Sunday, February 5, 2012

An Open Letter to the OSR

Dear OSR:

Please stop coming up with so many cool ideas.

Every time you guys come up with a new item or monster, a detailed encounter, an awesome map (keyed or otherwise), a neat geomorph, a bitchin' table, or some other kick-ass thing that I just think is cool, I save it to my hard drive. I print that sucker to PDF, save the webpage as a webarchive or plain, barebones HTML, right-click to save that image file, or click your download button to grab whatever it is you have hosted at whatever download provider you happen to use.

The problem, of course, is one of space.

I just did I "get info" on my RPG folder. 23.47 GB.

Holy. Crap.

I have more cool ideas on my hard drive than I will ever have in my head. Or be able to use at the game table.

Thank you.

Now, please stop producing cool stuff until I can sort through this folder. I'll let you know when you can get back to creating cool things when I'm done.

Your awesome pal,

mwschmeer