Thursday, April 7, 2011

Another Word About this A to Z Blogging Thing

Once I finish the whole A to Z thing, I'm going to take all these silly verses and compile them in a free PDF. I'll call it The Tome of Silly Verse or something like that. Suggest a better name if you think that one sucks.

All you artsy types, it'd be great if you want to contribute sketches or something. Especially for a cover. Obviously, since this is a freebie, I can't pay for art--maybe if you have something that you have the rights to that you care to recycle for this project, you could pass it along. Or, maybe you could point me to specific public domain pieces that could work.

I don't think I mentioned this before, but I'm taking the inspiration for the silly little verses I'm writing from the 2nd print edition of Brave Halfling's take on The Swords & Wizardry Whitebox Edition. You know, this one:


Sadly, this edition is no longer available for purchase, and S&W WB is into a new third edition with its original publisher, Mythmere Games. However, since I have a few copies of this 2nd edition, that's the one I'm rolling with.