Monday, March 21, 2011

One Page Dungeon Contest 2011 Entry

Here's my entry for the OPD 2011 Contest:

The Laughing Giant's Secret


This OPD grew out of an idea I had last year, a two-page dungeon based on this hex map I drew up the first time I played around with Hexographer:

(Note: this hex map is not in the module)


The original idea was that that inn is never in the same hex during a given season. The first draft, which has been sitting on my flash drive for about a year, had rumor tables, a list of NPCs, a wilderness encounter table, and other such truck piled in there, with the inn's floorplan devoted to a second page. If you printed out the module double-sided, then you'd have a double-sided one-page dungeon. I couldn't condense it down to fit a single side of the page, so I whittled it down to this. It's rough and it's ugly, but I think it's playable.

Drop me a line and let me know what you think.

My thanks to Tim Hartin of Paratime Design for his permission to use his awesome maps in this module.