1. Mystery Men! A Rules-Lite Comic Book Hero Game - COMPLETED
Number of backers: 14
Total raised: $290
My pledged amount: $20
- name listed as Golden Age Patron
- name inserted as NPC in mini-setting included in book
- PDF collection of public domain Golden Age comics
Successfully funded: 2010-10-12
Estimated ship date: N/A
Final product shipped: 2011-05
Number of updates posted: 12
Notes: Kickstarter by John Stater of Land of Nod fame. Raised funds to pay artists. I had to buy the book, so I was actually out $30 total, but it's a great little game and I have no regrets, as it was clear this was to fund a specific production need.
The PDF, by the way, was available on Lulu for free, but has been pulled as Fat Goblin Games will soon be releasing a revised 2nd edition.
2. DugeonMorph Dice - COMPLETED
Number of backers: 379
Total raised: $20,620
My pledged amount: $40
- Two sets of DungeonMorph Dice, PDF of battlemaps
Successfully funded: 2011-05-11
Estimated ship date: 2011-07
Final product shipped: 2011-12-09
Number of updates posted: 33
Notes: Six months late due to production issues.
3. Random Dungeon Generator as a Dungeon Map - COMPLETED
Number of backers: 1,098
Total raised: $27,789
My pledged amount: $22
- The poster.
- A PDF copy of a D&D-compatible board game, Dungeon Robber
- Access to an interactive, online version of the poster
- A giant PDF containing a) dungeon adventures by master DMs Mike Mornard, Mike Shea and Tracy Hurley; b) Adventurer Conqueror King (ACKS) rules for the dungeon by Tavis Allison; c) Dungeon Robber game rules.
- A signed bonus poster: either a second Random Dungeon poster or a Wandering Monsters poster.
- A sheet of 20 stickers inspired by the poster, by a dozen artists.
- PDF copy of Paul's DM Notebook, an all-editions D&D resource, containing art, adventures, DM advice, rules, and settings.
- PDF of five watercolor dungeon-adventure paintings by Jared von Hindman.
- Custom tokens from the D&D Virtual Table.
Successfully funded: 2012-04-06
Estimated ship date: 2012-05
Final product shipped: posters shipped 2012-05- 21; other rewards followed thereafter. Final reward, the Dungeon Robber online game, was delivered on 2013-08-08 (updates to the game are ongoing).
Number of updates posted: 29
Notes: Everything shipped on schedule, with nice surprises along the way.
4. Appendix N Adventure Toolkit - OH DEAR GOD WHEN WILL THE DELAYS END?
Number of backers: 572
Total raised: $18,893
My pledged amount: $30 (note: includes original $20 pledge plus additional $10 in October 2012 when offered opportunity to get things shipped faster and in three shipments)
- 1 print and 1 pdf copy of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat”
- Special, limited edition Supporters Poster.
- 1 print copy of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: “The Witch of Wydfield”, plus 1 print and 1 pdf copy of:
- Bonus Goal #1: “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #2: “The Crumbling Tower.” Bonus Goal #2: “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #3: “Danger in the Sulyndri Forrest.”
- Bonus Goal #3: “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #4: “The Revenge of Abudakar.”
- Bonus Goal #4: “Appendix N Adventures Game Box.”
- Bonus Goal #5: “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #5: “Perplexing Disappearances in Brambury.”
- Final Bonus Goal: Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #6: "The Old Isle Campaign Setting." This product will include a 11" x 17" color campaign map, a digest Player's and Referee's Guide
- Extra Bonus Goal: DAGGER RPG -- A Referee Screen for Quick and Simple Role Playing with Young Children
Successfully funded: 2012-07-02
Estimated ship date: 2012-07
Final product shipped: WHO KNOWS? MAYBE WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER? PDF coupons for several modules have been delivered, and a few backers are reporting delivery of print products.
Number of updates posted: 56 (so far)
Notes: Over a year late. Lots of excuses. Sure, John had a bad year, but seriously--he over-promised and is now under-delivering and pissing off many backers along the way. Anyone who kicked in an extra $10 for faster shipping were suckered out of that money. He is now saying the project won't be complete for another 4 months. Last week he announced an employee quit because he found a better job. I'll never back or buy anything direct from Brave Halfling again.
5. The Habitition of the Stone Giant Lord & Other Adventures - COMPLETED
Number of backers: 141
Total raised: $3,458
My pledged amount: $30
- A copy of The Habitition of the Stone Giant Lord and Other Adventures and a copy of the PDF of same.
- Personal bonus: 2nd copy of book
- Personal bonus: 1 print copy of Everything is Dolphins RPG
- Personal bonus: 2 print copies of Lovecraft Rules RPG
- Personal bonus: 1 copy of Randomocity #1 zine
Successfully funded: 2012-10-10
Estimated ship date: 2013-03
Final product shipped: 2013-11
Number of updates posted: 15 (so far)
Note: Seven months late, but Tim was up front about the delays--not offering excuses, but keeping us abreast of the printer problems that delayed productions. He had it done right and used a fulfillment warehouse to get things packaged and shipped. The personal bonus items were included because I helped secure some of the content of the final book.
6. Larry Elmore: The Complete Elmore Artbook (Hardcover) - OPEN (IN SHIPPING PROCESS)
Number of backers: 2,097
Total raised: $299,914
Goal: $17, 500
My pledged amount: $50
- Copy of the book, expanded to 336 pages as a bonus goal was met
- 8x10 print set of the BEC cover artwork
- 64pg black & white sketch book softcover
- 8x10 print set of the original 3 Dragonlance book covers
- Motorcycle ride with Larry (I don't ride, but still. . .)
Successfully funded: 2012-12-31
Estimated ship date: 2013-08
Final product shipped: Scheduled to ship 2013-12-03
Number of updates posted: 77 (so far)
Notes: My gold standard for how a Kickstarter should be run. Elmore has a major reputation to uphold, and the communication on this one has been 100% top notch. Printer delays are inevitable, especially in a full-color art book. If this one is a few months late it is entirely understandable. He even posted a video publicly apologizing for the delay in the project--that's how professional he is.
7. Guidebook to the City of Dolmvay - OPEN
Number of backers: 89
Total raised: $1,885
My pledged amount: $35
- Softcover copy of book
- Softcover and PDF copy of Chronicles of Amerth setting
- PDF copy of Atarin's Delve
- PDF copy of Blood Moon Rising
- PDF copy of The Inn of Lost Heroes
- PDF copy of Pyramid of the Dragon
- PDF copy of The Stealer of Children
- PDF copy of The Shrine of St. Aleena
- PDF copy of Ghoul Keep and the Ghoul Lands
- PDF copy of Oak Grove Whispers city-based module written specifically for this Kickstarter
- Backer-created NPC included in final book
Successfully funded: 2013-11-21
Estimated ship date: 2014-03
Number of updates posted: 4 (so far)
Notes: Material is mostly written. Indie publisher has a good track record with other products, even though this is his first Kickstarter. PDFs of available rewards delivered via RPGNow.com on 2013-12-06. Previews provided on a weekly basis. Definitely seems on track at this point.